Do I need a money transmitter license if I receive money on behalf of a person in another country (e.g., Ghana)? I make a pay out to this person in Ghana at the end of every month. This arrangement prevents excessive microtransaction fees.

This makes you an intermediary, when you cited on behalf of a person, implies you are neither the owner of the transaction, nor the recipient and hence this makes you an intermediary, and where ever you go, in most countries this would classify you as a money transfer business and thus require you to get licensed.

Read More