Does money transmitter A need to notify state regulators of his or her agreement with another money transmitter B? Are MTOs free to enter and exit agreements as they wish without any permission from regulators?

No notification is necessary. During a state audit, the auditor can ask you to show the correspondent tie-up agreement. Truth be told, all agreements, etc. for money transmission will be reviewed during a state audit. MTOs are free to enter and exit into any agreement they wish. No prior permission is required.

Read More